5 Things You May Want to Know About Online CPR Certification Courses
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) is a part of a first aid procedure which is administered in an emergency situation to restore a person’s breathing and blood circulation and thus prevent any permanent damage to the brain and other organs of the body. This life-saving procedure can help to stabilize the victim’s condition with the help of compression or artificial respiration or both till more advanced medical assistance is available. There are a number of in-class and online certification courses available which can be taken to learn CPR.
Since selecting an online CPR certification free online ekg technician classes course can become fairly tricky, the following points will guide you through the process and also tell you how to avoid the potential pitfalls.
• The Online Advantage: Let’s begin with the advantages of an online CPR course of which there are quite a few. Online courses allow you to study the material in the manner that suits you the most wherein you can learn the material for any duration of time throughout the day as per your own convenience. Also the training modules have many illustrative videos that ensure better grasping of the correct procedures involved.
• Practical Module Requirement: Keep in mind that CPR is a procedure that requires proper understanding of the situation and administering the correct technique to be really helpful. Thus an ideal online course must have a practical module where after studying the theory section you can make an appointment with the designated instructor for learning hands-on technique for giving CPR. You can practice your technique on a mannequin till you feel sufficiently confident about your skill.
• Take the Test: After you have finished learning the theory as well as the practical sections of the CPR course you will have to appear for a theory exam, and in most cases the final exam will be in front of your instructor. If you pass the examination you will receive your CPR certification and card.
• Online Only: There are a number of CPR courses that are entirely online that will try to impress you with elaborate printed material and a number of accessories for audio and video assistance and even mannequins to practice on. However the certificates awarded through such courses may not be recognized by any reputed body. Such exclusively online courses may either fraudulent or are in fact first aid courses without any specific focus on CPR. Such courses should be avoided as they won’t even get you enrolled for any professional course that requires CPR certification.
• Verify the Course: You must ensure that your chosen CPR course and the body offering it are recognized by organizations like American Health Association or American Red Cross. Also remember that all courses are not equal in the eyes of the employers so you must ascertain the specific requirement of your field before selecting the course.